Service and Support Technical Lead
Base salary £30,000 – £40,000 + additional out of hours renumeration.
A permanent, full-time role, based in Southampton, UK.
We’re looking for a motivated, enthusiastic and energetic individual to lead our Technical Support function. As Service and Support Technical Lead you will take ownership of the end to end customer experience with our products and cloud systems; including customer interaction points from the initial lead through support, product experience, documentation and maintenance upgrades of our COTS products and cloud services. This is a unique position that allows you to work with all areas of the business, expanding your skills and knowledge ultimately contributing to providing the excellent level of customer service we’re known for!
Snowflake sells technical products and services to technical people and excels at customer service. As the leader of the Technical Support function you’ll have the opportunity to work with a wide range of customers – some will be very technical and some not so. Regardless, all our customers receive the same level of care and attention. We pride ourselves in delivering a customer experience that makes the customer notice. From initial contact to a commercial sale and beyond it’s important to us that our customers feel that we care.
The tasks you’ll be doing most of the time:
- Lead the workload planning and management of on call rotas for our 24/7 support requirements;
- You will be the primary communication point and owner of incidents (including out of business hours) ensuring co-ordination of resolution, effective communication to stakeholders and post incident review;
- Reporting relevant information to service stakeholders within agreed time scales to enable value optimisation of contracts and SLA’s;
- Facilitate & undertake the delivery of product technical support to customers, on the phone, in person and via email;
- Communicate with customers (face to face meeting, telephone and email) to gather feedback and articulate requirements regarding the use of Snowflake products and services and how best to improve them;
- Articulate customer problems, ideas and requirements to other teams within the business
- Be an expert in the use of Snowflake products, systems and services;
- Lead the issuing and ongoing management of customer product licences;
- Champion Service and Support in projects and other areas of the business to ensure impact of project and commercial decisions can be anticipated and managed.
- Other comparable duties as may be required by your manager;
You would be a perfect fit if:
- You will be degree qualified or equivalent;
- You have an ITIL qualification;
- Have demonstrable experience of a customer facing support role;
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Possess excellent problem-solving & root cause analysis skills;
- Have experience with writing & maintaining product documentation;
We’d like you to be:
- Collaborative and have a strong sense of team, and actively seek out other areas of the business with which to work.
- Positive and proactive with an enthusiasm for emerging technologies and willingness to embrace new skills.
- You are highly organised and can prioritise workloads;
- Part of the Snowflake team and its culture. We don’t want you to just get your head down and work hard, we want you to engage with the rest of the team too, which should help you to be…
- Passionate about your role and working for Snowflake. We want you to enjoy your time with us as a Snowflaker!
Sound right for you?
To read the full job description and apply, visit our online applicant system:
CLOSING DATE 30th July 2018
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Candidates are welcome, agencies are not.