Senior Software Developer
Southampton, UK, Permanent, Full-Time
- Do you want to join an award winning growing company?
- Do you have a passion for building technical products for technical people?
- Do you enjoy solving complex problems that make others cringe?
We’re looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our talented software development team. We need someone who is passionate about developing great software, has a talent for problem solving and loves technology. As a Senior Developer you’ll find yourself elbow deep in Snowflake source code looking for design and quality improvements, whilst adding new features and functionality. Additionally we need you to coach and develop other team members at Snowflake and bring your practices, processes and tools experience to continuously improve our own.
The tasks you’ll be doing:
- Liaise with the CTO, principal software developers and the delivery teams to design and develop great new functionality and features to wow our customers.
- Facilitate design workshops and ensure that designs are documented and implemented
- Make effective use of tools within the software development environment to deliver quality software in a timely manner
- Design, develop and execute unit, system and integration tests of software components. You will be testing your own code, your colleagues’ code and you will look out for areas of untested code
- You will liaise with our Customer Support Team to help diagnose and solve defects and incidents
- In collaboration with delivery teams, provide estimates to enable the business to make robust plans and intelligent tradeoffs
- Mentor junior members of the team using your experience to help grow their skills and broaden their view of the industry
- Lead our continuous improvement culture through the generation and application of new ideas, practices and tools to improve the team’s effectiveness
Sound right for you?
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Candidates are welcome, agencies are not.